Tuesday, October 14, 2008

low point for Obama

Won?

A new Low-bama: Tom Coburn same as terrorist

Posted on April 16, 2008

Update: Jonah Goldberg is on the same page.

I don’t know what Coburn said exactly. But I’m pretty sure Coburn didn’t bomb any abortion clinics.

I can’t believe what I just heard. (I’m on the Left Coast, so forgive my delayed outrage) Video here.

Just minutes ago, to his credit, George Stephanopoulos, during the Democrat debate on ABC raised the issue of Obama’s associations with an unapologetic terrorist. Of course, Obama just thinks of said terrorist as a neighbor and an English professor.

Anyway, after hemming and hawing (I’m getting pretty sick of this stuttering stiff being described as “eloquent” and “articulate”) about how it is illegitimate to even bring up the topic of his decade-long relationship with another America-hating scoundrel, William Ayers, what does he do?

That’s right…just like his poor little grandma is no different than Jeremiah Wright (who Obama said tonight is patriotic because he served 40 years ago in the Marine Corps…note to Obamanable…not everyone who served at one time loves his country, so your reference to his service is meaningless), the honorable Senator Tom Coburn is no different from unrepentant Weather Underground terrorist William Ayers.

Someone please wake me up from this nightmare. In this bad dream, America is actually considering electing this Marxist radical as leader of the free world. Please, someone wake me.

Gateway Pundit hits this too: Obama Equates Conservative Republican to Terrorist Bomber

Senator Tom Coburn is a staunch supporter of Life and includes this on his website:

As a practicing physician, I have dedicated much of my life to protecting the sanctity of life at all of its stages. I have had the privilege of delivering more than 4,000 babies in my career. I also have faced the challenge of helping many terminal patients approach the end stages of life with dignity and peace.

My experience as a physician has affirmed my conviction that all human life is sacred and that life begins at conception. I oppose abortion in all cases, with the lone and rare exception of when the life of the mother is endangered. I also oppose physician assisted suicide and human cloning.
And… As for what Senator Coburn actually said- Barack Obama stretched the truth on this.
From an earlier PBS interview:

Coburn answered that “while abortion is not against the law now, if it were, states could use death penalty laws to punish the taking of innocent life.”

“I believe when we take innocent life intentionally, except to save lives, that we are violating moral law,” Coburn said. “Now, I understand what the law is. My hope would be that we would get back to a time when we recognize the value of life, and I think we’re not.”
Coburn also admitted to performing two abortions himself to save the lives of mothers who had congenital heart disease.

The words and actions of Senator Coburn are clearly a far cry from unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers. But, this didn’t stop the the Senate’s most liberal member from equating Coburn’s words with terrorist Ayer’s bombs.

» Filed Under Elections, News, Politics As Usual, Stupidity


Trackback URL

No comments: